Fleas lay 50 eggs per day. Flea eggs take between 2 days and 2 weeks to hatch. Flea Larvae live for several weeks eating pre-digested BLOOD. Insects drink 50 times their body weight in blood. Female fleas drink 13.6 ul of blood daily, equivalent to over 15 times their body weight. Up to 300 fleas can live on a dog.
Are Fleas Dangerous To Humans:
Fleas can transmit diseases and parasites to humans. Flea bites can also cause allergic reactions in both pets and people. Initially, people thought that rats caused the great plague, but now we know it wasn’t rats but the FLEAS!
Pest Control and Animal Removal Etobicoke technicians can treat all rooms and premises affected, removing the house flea problem within a matter of days.
Simple Ways To Fight Fleas In Your Home:
Fido and Fifi are part of your family, but the fleas they bring into your home are not. Here are three simple DIY tricks to help protect you against those pesky summer critters:
Create A DIY Flea Spray:
You don’t need harsh chemicals to fight off fleas. Only add lemon and rosemary to boiling water. Once cooled, put it into a spray bottle and spray your pet’s bedding twice in a day.
Make Your Own Flea Collar:
Don’t compromise Fido’s Fashion for fleas. Pour a few drops of rosemary, cedar wood or peppermint oil onto a bandana. Result? Fetching and Flea free.
Setup A Flea Trap:
Do you have water, soap, a bowl, and a desk lamp? Great, then you have a flea trap. Just shine the light on the bowl of soapy water overnight, and the fleas will flock. Just don’t let your Fifi drink it!
Natural Remedies To Keep Pests Away:
Here are the natural remedies suggested by one of the best Animal Removal Etobicoke to keep the pests away from your home.
- Using Basil. Basil can be used as a nice pest killer. Flies get repelled by the smell of basil
- Camphor. Camphor is another ingredient that can repel flies well. You may keep camphor in bowls and put them in rooms
- Citrus. Take some lemons and extract the juice. Mix it with some water and pour the mix in a spray bottle. Spider do not like the aroma of citrus
- Garlic. Crush a few cloves of garlic and mix it with water. Spray this in the kitchen and other rooms of the house to repel mosquitoes.
- Vinegar. Vinegar is an excellent home remedy to keep ants away from your rooms. Mix some white vinegar with water and spray this to wipe counter tops in your kitchen.
- Boric Acid Powder. Cockroaches are probably more persistent and annoying than all the other insects invading your house. Mix boric powder with wheat flour and make a dough using water. Spread this dough across the Cockroach invading area.